Phuong Nguyen: How Nutrition Powers Personal Growth | Self-improvement Atlas #18

In this episode, host Lu Ngo is joined by Phuong Nguyen, a financial analyst, personal trainer, and yoga teacher

Maintaining a healthy diet customized to your body’s requirements goes beyond benefiting your physical health. It also contributes to your personal growth over the long term by providing the energy needed for various activities.

Meet Phuong Nguyen

Phuong Nguyen is a financial analyst who has discovered her true passion in assisting others in leading healthier lives through personal training and yoga. She underscores the importance of pairing nutrition with physical activity to foster personal development. 

Phuong, often called Feong, expertly balances her accounting, finance, health, and fitness roles. While she’s a financial controller by day, she also teaches yoga, provides personal training, and discusses personal finance in her spare time. Beyond her professional interests, Phuong loves spending time outdoors and engaging in activities like hiking, road trips, and sports with friends.

Throughout the podcast, she shares insights from her journey of personal growth, including her thoughts on Jordan Peterson’s “12 Rules for Life” and her movie recommendation, Christopher Nolan’s “Inception.” Additionally, Phuong suggests a valuable podcast hosted by Andrew Huberman that offers in-depth insights into nutrition and health.

About the episode

In this podcast hosted by Lu Ngo, Phuong Nguyen dives into the critical role nutrition plays in achieving personal growth and well-being. Phuong emphasizes the importance of tailoring one’s diet to individual needs, with a well-balanced mix of macronutrients and micronutrients to fuel the body properly.

She advises seeking reliable nutritional and dietary information sources, including government websites. To maintain a balanced diet, Phuong emphasizes the importance of understanding macronutrients (carbohydrates, fats, and proteins) and micronutrients (vitamins and minerals).

Specifically, Phuong focuses on eating various colored fruits and vegetables for optimal health. She introduces the 80-20 rule, advocating for 80% of eating habits to be focused on healthy choices while leaving room for indulgence and social occasions in the remaining 20%.

Ensuring your body receives appropriate nutrition can enhance your efficiency in various activities, ultimately leading to personal growth. Phuong highlights how nutrition influences self-control, discipline, and overall development, discussing its role in energy levels and muscle recovery, especially after workouts. Furthermore, she stresses the vital role of gut health in achieving overall well-being.

Phuong also focuses on the practical aspects of integrating nutrition into daily routines, including meal preparation and grocery shopping. A structured routine aids in maintaining consistent nutrition, reducing stress levels, and saving time for personal development pursuits.

In conclusion

When your nutrition plan is tailored to your body’s specific needs, you set the stage for achieving your full potential and a rewarding journey of self-improvement. Therefore, it is recommended to incorporate the most sustainable meal planning that nourishes your body with nutritious meals.

Be the first to see our next episode. Follow us on social media to stay updated: 





You can also subscribe and listen to the show on your preferred podcasting platforms:

Apple Podcasts



iHeart Radio




Google Podcast

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.